TESPA at the University of Utah represents the united gaming community on campus. am is proud to say that he has been able to help with hosting some of the greatest tournaments in Utah.
Sam has created the huge majority of all graphics for TESPA at the Univeristy of Utah including but not limited to Jerseys, Flyers, Banners, Social Media Graphics, event decks, Logos, Branding for Individual Clubs, creation of the TESPA at the University of Utah Website, and unique branding for every event.
You are Milgram, a C.I.A agent that has recently been transferred to work with Senior Agent Harvey McCord on a mission to find the perpetrator behind a dirty bomb that has been planted in your city. Some suspects have been found, and it is your job to find out where the bomb is at all costs. In this 2D puzzle adventure you will be faced with many difficult decisions. You will be armed with an arsenal of personal information for interrogation, and a toolbox of instruments to "pursuade" the suspects to give you the information that you need. How you derive the information necessary is up to you. You determine what is right and what is wrong, the only question is- will you be left with dirty hands?
This project was part of my Alternative Game Design class at the University of Utah. Our goal was to create a game that addressed an issue in society. As a group, we decided to pose a question to the game development community, "If you do the wrong things for the right reasons, is it still considered morally correct?" To enforce this question we created a torture interrogation game where players would have to use harsh methods to get information out of their subjects in order to save the rest of the city from a ticking time bomb. Is torture of one person morally correct if it's done to save thousands?
I took lead of this project with members from my previous team that created Icarus. Scott, our artist, really outdid him self with the style of this game and his art helped us to enforce a creepy world where the player would feel off put by it. As leader, I created task lists for team members, created goals and deadlines, and helped to fill in where members needed help. I also helped Scott with the art by making it game ready and putting it into Unity. The programming on this project was mostly done by two team members but where I could, I helped them out. I also helped with some of the sound design including the ambient sounds, the voices, and the UI sound effects.
Overall, this was a fun project but very stressful. In hindsight, I believe that we overreached for our six month time period. We should have focused mainly on one level and gotten it working as a proof of concept. However, we charged forward and ended up rushing some of the core elements of the game in order to push forward more plot progression.